Our Anti-Money Laundering Policy

Our agency is subject to the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 which aims to counter money laundering and the financing of terrorism. We have a legal duty to obtain identification and proof of address from all our customers, who include homeowners seeking to sell their property, buyers, Landlords who wish to rent out their property and tenants. We’re also obliged to ascertain whether other beneficial owners are involved on whose behalf the transaction or activity is taking place. 

Our agency has adopted a risk sensitive approach throughout our business to recognise and prevent fraudulent transactions. We use a criteria-based system in order to assess the risk of money laundering. 


Our agency invests heavily in training staff on Anti Money Laundering Legislation which is also covered in our induction course and reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that any potential new or amended legislation is adhered to. We have our own nominated Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and Deputy Officer. It is the responsibility of the MLRO to receive and action reports of suspicious behavior and activity and to complete and submit a “Suspicious Activity Report” (SAR) to the National Crime Agency when necessary. Our nominated officer is Vicki Anthony, Office Manager.


In order to alleviate the risk of attempted money laundering through our company, we carry out “Customer Due Diligence” (CDD). All landlords, tenants, vendors and buyers must be identified fully by providing a photographic ID and proof of address. For Landlords and Sellers, we also require proof of ownership. All the original documents must be witnessed by a member of staff with a picture of ID taken and copies retained. In cases where seeing an original ID is not possible, copies must be certified by a solicitor or at the post office. Verification checks must be completed on all individuals who have a vested interest in the transaction. For sending payments of rent, we will require the bank account to be in the customer’s name. Subject to your individual circumstances, we may liaise with you for further/other documentation.   


Our agency requires one document from List A and one from List B from all customers” Where applicable, please ensure that documents include full name(s), service addresses and account numbers and are not provided in the form of general correspondence.

List A – Identity Document

  • Current signed Passport
  • Current UK/EU photo Driving Licence
  • Resident Permit issued to EU nationals by the Home Office
  • Inland Revenue Tax notification
  • State Pension or Benefits book/notification letter

List B – Proof of Address  

  • Current UK/EU photo Driving License, if not used in A 
  • Council tax bill 
  • Benefits entitlement letter  
  • Local authority rent card 
  • Tenancy agreement  
  • Bank statement   
  • Utility bill from the last three months 
  • Telephone bill excluding mobile pay as you  
  • Home or motor insurance certificate   
  • NHS medical card or letter from GP confirming registration 
  • Police registration certificate 

List C – Proof of Ownership    

  • Most recent mortgage statement   
  • Home or motor insurance certificate 
  • Solicitors letter confirming house purchase/deeds/land registration 
  • List C – Probate

If you are acting as a representative of an estate, we require the following:  

  • Grant of Probate (if a will was left)  
  • Letter of Administration (if no will left) 

This website uses cookies. We use cookies to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic.
You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website. Read our cookie policy. I understand